Monday, September 22, 2008

Something Thats kinda helped me...:)

Even though this last month has been a rough one everytime i've gotten in my car and am on the way to school this one song is always on.. now its not exactly about death its about a father who is away on a trip but my mom knew i liked country music so i'm betting she played it every morning for me. The lyrics that stick out the most are the ones in the chorus, right when a little girl asks when are you coming home and her daddy replies



I'm already there,
Take a look around.
i'm the sunshine in your hair, I'm the shadow on the ground.
I'm the whisper in the wind, I'm your imaginary friend.
And I know I'm in your prayers, Oh, I'm already there.

So for all of us who miss my mom and wish she was around, she's already there :)

2 comments:

Brenda Milne said...

Brooke,
I love that song too! Now I will think of your Mom and you when I hear it. Nice to have little messages that I don't think are just a coincidence. She is still with you.
Love Brenda Milne

Anonymous said...

Brookie,
So nice to read your post. Yes, music is so powerful. When your mom left us I was a mess. I could not stop crying even when I tried really hard not to. Dave and I were both hurting so much over Molly's passing that we could not even be there for each other, which was quite a first for us. My girlfriend hearing about my grief ran to the LDS book store and bought me a CD to listen to on my way to Utah, knowing that I wanted to be strong for you kids when I got there and not a basket case or ball of tears. She handed me the CD and said, this is the most healing music I know of. I looked down and saw it was the tabernacle choir which I like but have never bought any of their CDs. I was deserate for some healing so I took it with me on the trip. I listned to that music their entire drive! I could not believe how much peace and comfort I felt from our Savior as I listened to that sacred music. How many sweet memories filled my mind about Molly and you amazing kids. I felt so blessed to know your family. Your mom was a great example to me......she was a better single mom than I was a married mom and because of her I strive to be more like her in so many ways. Brooke, you have Molly's nature for kindess and gentleness and she lives on IN YOU and will until you reunite with her again. Won't that be the best reunion ever! I am sorry for your loss and I pray the Lord's choicest blessings to attend you and your family. The CD, by the way is entitled...."Consider the Lilies". Much love to you Brooke! Tricia Grimsman