Monday, September 15, 2008

A Little More Understanding

For as long as I can remember, my mom has been very interested in books about death and out-of-body experiences. I could never understand why she was so enthralled with the subject. I knew that her mother had passed away when she was about my age. Actually, so did my father's mother. I have never met either of my grandmothers. But my mom has books and books about this stuff. I used to think they were kind of interesting but I never paid that much attention to them. Now my brothers and sisters and I have them all out and we read them over and over. I think I get it now. I feel like I need to know everything about where she is and what she is doing, if she can see us and if it is possible that we can see her.

Shortly before my Great Grandma Sofia died, my mom told me she had a dream about her. She dreamt that her grandma and her grandpa were together and they were dancing and laughing together. She said they looked so happy to finally see eachother again. I think she had that dream about a month before Grandma Sofia died. The night that she passed away, my mom said she heard noises that sounded like someone walking around our living room and into the kitchen and she heard someone open the fridge. She got up to yell at us because she thought we were wandering around when we were supposed to be in bed, but everyone was asleep and nobody was in the kitchen or the living room. My mom told me that her grandma always used to get up in the middle of the night to get a snack.

My mom also often told me about her mother having a dream where she saw my dad holding me. Isn't that amazing? My sister, Brooke, said she had a dream where she was getting married and our mom was running around trying to get things ready. That seems about right, since she never planned ahead and was always doing things last minute. :)

I went to the temple a couple of weeks ago with my husband and my brothers and sister-in-law, Lauren. I was praying and hoping so hard that Heavenly Father would let her come there with us and we would see her reflection somewhere or something, anything! I just kept getting the feeling that she was too busy. She can't right now because she is so busy. I guess that is understandable. She loves to teach and that is what she is spending her time doing right now. I'm grateful for the dream I had. It was just a few minutes where I felt like things could be normal because she was able to be with us still.

I know that we will see her again, but we'll miss her terribly until we do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Kristin, I am so glad you could all be in the temple together! Molly is so proud to see you all there. I miss her too! Your entire family is invited to come and have Thanksgiving with us if you would like too. I know it is a far travel but we would spend three days in Tahoe and Turkey day at our house. We undersatnd if it doesn't work out for you all but it would be so nice to be together again. I remember spending several Thanksgiving dinners with all of you. I have such fond memories of all of that. Love, Tricia