Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Healing Music

After reading my sister's post, I started thinking about how much I have been relying on music to help me out, too. There are certain songs that remind me of Mom (like every James Taylor song ever written) or songs that have phrases in them that I catch at just the right moment, like the song Brooke talks about. I have been at her grave and when I turn on the car, a phrase will play and I feel like it's playing that particular phrase because it is something my mom wants me to know.

I Will Be by Leona Lewis is the song that was playing the first time I went back to my mom's grave. She sang, "I'll be with you forever, to get you through the day and make everything okay."

Footprints in the Sand by Leona Lewis is a song that I feel is a conversation between us and Heavenly Father. He says, "I promise you, I'm always there..."

Goodbye by Celine Dion is such a sad song. I love Celine Dion's music but I could never make myself listen to it after I figured out what it was about...not until now anyway.

Right Here by Brandy is a song I listen to everytime I'm on my way to the cemetary. I imagine my mom saying the words to me, "I will be here right beside you every step you take. I will be your strength, your shelter..."

I'm Already There by Lonestar is Brookie's song that she hears every morning (see below).

Back Here by BBMak is the song Scotty sang at Mom's grave.

It's Amazing by Jem is another one of those that I caught a phrase of one day after visiting my mom. "It's amazing, it's amazing, all that you can do..." was what I got after confessing that I sometimes feel like I may not be able to handle everything I'm going to have to.

Anyway, there is a playlist to the side with all these songs and I hope they can help others having a hard time, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try listening to Josh Groban. He has a couple of beautiful songs. One is called, "To Where You Are" and another is, "The Prayer" which is also sung by Celine Dion. These songs get me through when I'm hurting for my loved ones that have left the earth. I wish you all well, especially Carly, since I know her from school.

Ms. Rebecca Ibarra