Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Scale At Grammy's House

We had dinner at my Grandpa and Grandma Robbins' house on Monday. My uncles were in town from Texas, so we gathered there to hang out with them. I went to the bathroom where my grandma has a scale sitting on the floor. It made me think about my mom.

Every time we had dinner at my grandparents' house, us girls would make our way to the bathroom to play on the scale. I would get on and tell my mom how much I weighed and she would say, "Well, you're a hefty little girl, aren't you?" Then I'd give her some dirty look and a whiny, "mooo-ooom," and she'd tell me, "It's okay, honey. You don't look bad."

1 comment:

Brenda Milne said...

Kristen,
This story about the scales at your grandparents just makes me laugh. I get a kick out of hearing things about your Mom. she was so fun and the times I was with her were some of my best. I wish I could go back in time and catch some more of those times for sure. Don't we all! I wish I could have known her many years ago but atleast she came in to my life at the time she did so I could know her.

I hope all you kids are doing okay! We still think of you a lot!