Sunday, October 19, 2008

Mom and Yard Sales

My mom loved a good deal. During the summer, she would get up early and gather who ever would go with her to find yard sales. While we were in California for my cousin, Jeremy's (I mean Elder Robbins'), farewell, we took a Saturday to find some deals. My mom found this bag. I can't remember how much she paid for it, but she loved to barter so it was probably less than what the people selling it wanted for it. It zips into a little cube and expands when you unzip it. It has a pocket that can be used as a cooler for lunch. It's a pretty fancy little thing.


She also loved buying stuff for the kids in her school classes. She'd buy little stuffed animals and toys that they could earn when they did their school work and she'd buy books just to have around so they could read. We stopped at one house and my mom bought a bag full of books. She happened to mention that she was a school teacher and the guy decides he wants her to have all his books for free. She was so excited about that. She loved getting stuff for the kids she taught.

No comments: