Saturday, August 16, 2008

Where do I begin...

Where do I begin when I have so many memories of a woman who was, and is, a mother to me. Jaron, Blake, and I needed all the help we could get growing up and we were blessed with 3 mothers. Molly was one of those mothers who interviewed and interrogated us every chance she could get. Molly was the assistant when I got my wisdom teeth out and she even tried to get the inside scoop when I was drugged from the anesthesia, all while Jaron was yelling "fight it Bey! Don't give in!" Over the past week I have reflected on the many memories I have of Molly, and I will forever cherish the memories I shared with her and her family. She coached Jaron, Kristin and I when we were 7 years old. I have endless memories of driving around the western United States, going to different soccer games or tournaments.
It started when we were 7 and lasted till we were about 17, and went through 3 different vehicles. First there was the blue station wagon with kids, soccer bags, and balls piled in the back. Then there was the Chevy pickup, once again with all us kids in the back shell. And finally there was the Astro van. We traveled all over Utah, Arizona, and spent many Thanksgivings in Las Vegas for the "Turkey Shoot Tournament". I was not away from my family for Thanksgiving, but was just with my other family. Molly treated me as one of her kids, and watched out for me and loved me as such. One time when we were in Sacramento she even fended off her dad who was going to knock down the bathroom door with a sledgehammer because it was locked. Little did I know he did not allow locked doors in his home due to events from the Vietnam War, but molly was there to save me. James Taylor is one of my favorite artists and Molly is specifically responsible for that. I think molly only had James Taylor tapes, and that was all we listened to on our many road trips. I cannot hear a James Taylor song and not think of Molly and hear her sing along. With Love, Curtis

No comments: