Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finding Peace

Thank you to all of our friends and family for sharing your memories with us. We are so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people. It was very difficult to have to explain to my brothers and sister what I meant when I called them to tell them our mother was "gone". I knew they needed to know but I absolutely did not want to tell them. Initially, the hurt was so strong as I'm sure so many of you felt when you learned of the events that took her life. However, our faith, knowledge and understanding of our Heavenly Father's plan has brought peace and comfort to all of us.

Saturday night our sister, Carly, asked our brother for a blessing. Jaron gave hers, Scott blessed Brooke and Brandon blessed me. I remember feeling so calm during my sisters' blessings but I could do nothing but cry while Brandon was speaking. I have the most wonderful husband! I don't remember all the details of each of the blessings as they were specifically guided by the Spirit to address each of our personal needs, but the one thing that I remember during each prayer was the statement, "You're mother is happy."

Monday, after we had made all of her funeral arrangements, we were able to see her. She looked absolutely peaceful and even seemed to be smiling. I entered the room where she was and walked toward my sweet mother and couldn't help but smile as memories of her sassy attitude and captivating personality flooded into my mind. There is absolutely no way she would ever want to see her children crying for any reason, and I couldn't. We hovered around her fixing her hair and staring at her face and talking about funny things she would probably be saying to us.

When we finally pulled ourselves away, we all felt so calm and so much peace. We were able to spend the rest of the night talking and laughing like we would do at regular family gatherings. We can still feel her around us because our home still feels like home. She will be missed but there is no way she will ever really be gone. She never liked to let us out of her sight and I guarantee she never will.

3 comments:

Keddington Chronicles said...

Kristen, This is a beautiful tribute to your mother. I am so grateful that your family is being so richly blessed with the peace that you have described in this post. The healing power of the Savior is unbelievable. Your family is now, and will continue to be in my prayers!
-Angela- (Jazzle Dazzle)

Anonymous said...

Kristen, Brookey, Carly, Scotty Pippen, and Jaron-
The last few days I have really struggled with the sad news about your mom...I have been so worried about you kids. Thank you Kristen. This helped put my mind to ease to know how you guys are pulling together. Your mom would be so proud of you all. Continue to do so and you all will be blessed and still see little ways that she still in touching your lives. My mom, dad, brother, and myself are here for you if you ever need anything at all. This page is just beautiful and heartfelt-what a wonderful idea and I'm sure your mom is honored to have such a beautiful thing set up for her. Kristen and Brooke, although it has been so long ago since you were apart of Dance Image, you are still apart of our dance family and all of the students are mourning along with you guys. After many, many years of soccer games & activities we have all grown to love your family so much and will miss your mom greatly. We look forward to seeing you guys soon. Stay strong!
Much Love xoxoxoxo
Dannielle (Nielsen) Brannan & the Dance Image Academy studio
Dennis, DeAnn, and Cody Nielsen

Amy said...

I love your mom and love your family! Molly's ferocious love and care of her family is such a special gift! When we found out the heartbreaking news that your mom was gone, Chloe said it best: "Molly is just too alive to be gone." Her ripples she leaves in her wake are eternal! Families ARE forever; I am so lucky to have Molly in mine.

Love you all,

Amy Robbins