Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm Grateful...

I'm grateful that my mom taught me good hygiene.

My mom was all about clean teeth. She would spend probably 20 minutes brushing and then another 20 minutes flossing. That's not even an exaggeration.


I'm grateful for my mom's enthusiasm for public events.

She chased down the torch when the Winter Olympics came to Salt Lake and dragged along whoever would go with her. I decided to remain indoors, where it was warm, and she called me when she found that torch to tell me all about how exciting it was. If there was a free concert or any kind of fair going on, she would find time to go to Salt Lake for those, too.


I'm grateful for my mom's support.

Here is Mom sitting in the Cyprus High School gym bleachers with her camcorder bag and camera right next to her. It could have been my or Brooke's Spinnaker Review or one of Carly's performances. She would also go to every one of Jaron's soccer games, Scott's Jiu Jitsu tournaments and would try to pry out of me when Brandon's basketball games were so she could get to those, too.

2 comments:

Bomma said...

Kristin,
I just barely found out about your mom! She was my very very dear friend when we lived in Oklahoma. We kept talking about getting together and we just never did - This tells me, take time for your friends today because who knows what tomorrow will bring! I love her very much! AND...I remember you and love you! My heart and prayers are with you!
Sheila Lowe

Anonymous said...

Hi kids,
My heart still aches....I miss Molly so much. Thanksgiving was the holiday that had Molly written all over it for me. The first time I met you kids and your mom was at the Grimsmans in Sacramento several Thanksgivings ago. I was dating Dave and he had invited me over for Thanksgiving dinner. I remember we were eating outside on a picnic table with connected benches and a couple people got off the opposite side of the table (I won't name who....ha ha I can't remember anyways)and it almost tipped over with all the food on it. Your mom and I and several others were there to hold down the table and we laughed our heads off. It was instant...I loved your mom. I loved the way she handled problems and people. When Dave and I married a few years after this he said, "I have been offered a job in Salt Lake City". I said, "there is no way I am moving there.. no way.. no snow for me but then he said....."Molly lives there"....I immediately said, "Okay, then I can go". Utah was good for our family BECAUSE of Molly and you sweet kids. There were several times your mom invited us to eat Thanksgiving meal with you and your extended family which was so nice for us. We never felt out of place like as long as we were with Molly.....we always belong. I cannot wait and truly look forward to the day when we will all see her again and never to part! I hope you feel comfort during the holidays which I know will accent on her absence. Hugs to you all!!!!!!!!!!

With love,
Tricia, Dave, Lexi, Cami, Nicki, Jake and of course Tigger.... ("Tiggy too" as Molly refered to our fat cat with great affection)